Wednesday, August 18, 2010

1st Day on the Job

What a day!  The job is awesome but I am not sure what I am doing...LOL  I did find out that my first travel into the bush will be on August 31st.  I will back into Anchorage on the 3rd of September.  I am looking forward to it and know that I am going SOUTH!  Today was the first day of sunshine in 31 days here.  Everyone credits me with bringing it.  I'll take it!!

Another first for me today.... my cousin cooked Salmon for dinner.  I actually LIKED it.  It was fantastic!  No lie...  Opened a bank account today as well.  WHEW!!!!!  I am tired tonight.  Adjusting to Alaska time already.  Set my watch now and it's only 8:00.  The sun is still shining and it's daylight.  AWESOME!!!

See you all later.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoying reading your adventures...so happy I bumped into your blog post...
    Stay safe and I can't wait to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to tell Threasa and Bob how to comment. They can't seem to figure it out. They say they both commented but it is not here. Glad you like it. I will be posting more pics this weekend. I am LOVING it up here. Wait until the cold comes though.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am technology challenged but I wrote a message so give me a break for trying. I am glad you like Salmon- looks like you will be eating it a lot. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete